Remember that song Beyoncé sang Pretty hurts?
What’s your aspiration in life?
My aspiration is to be happy.
When asked what we want in life apart from money – of course – we all want to be happy.
The human race is constantly on a pursuit of happiness and can you blame us? Who likes to be sad?
According to Michael Fordyce, with these few steps and some work you can achieve happiness and live a truly happier life.
- Spend time with the people you love: Love is the keyword here. If you truly want to be happy, find love. Spend time with your friends and your family.
- Seek meaningful work: happy people work hard and enjoy what they are doing. If your job is not rewarding, then switch to another that is. You should not spend your time and energy doing what you don’t like, you’ll only end up miserable.
- Help others: there is nothing more rewarding than putting a smile on someone’s face. Doing good enhances self-esteem and reduces stress.
- Do what you love: if you love to sing, sing. If you like to watch telemundo, do it! Whatever you enjoy doing should be what you do, don’t waste your time on activities that end up draining you or making you feel empty and bored. Decide what makes you happy and have fun doing it.
- Keep fit: apart from the fact that you’ll look super good if you exercise. Aerobics have been said to increase subjective wellbeing. So run, swim, dance, play football or something. Sweat!
- Be spontaneous: be organized but flexible. It’s great to be organized and to plan. But people who seek new experiences are happier than the rigid ones. Your life shouldn’t be so tightly scheduled that you leave fun behind. Try something new, go on an adventure. Look Alive!
- Think positive: the law of attraction says you attract what you think. If you expect good, good will come your way, if it’s bad you expect, you will receive just that. So make away with negative thoughts.
- Keep things in perspective: there will be rainy days and sunny days. Emotional highs and lows are inevitable because we are humans. So always try to keep things even as much as possible.
Happier people live longer and are more satisfied. So take this steps and enjoy a happier life.
I am, @Lord__Nina
Views expressed are only those of the authors.
You may share your own views in the comments section.
NOTICE: You can now send us your articles and stories and get published right away. For more details click here.