A lot of us have come to expect a lot of special things from Samsung in the past years and it is no surprise that the South Korean phone maker would be dropping something really awesome this year too. Last year, the S6 and S6 Edge hit the market with a bang and so naturally Samsung will be upping the game this year with the S7 and S7 Edge, and we have the leaked pictures and specs.
As you can see, the phones are a little similar to the S6 except for the more rounded edges and the back view. But let’s go inside to the specs and see the other differences.
- IP68 water and dust certification along with a more durable screen
- Some kind of promotion for free screen repairs during the first year after purchase
- Both S7 and S7 Edge will feature 2K Super AMOLED screens measuring 5.1 and 5.5 inches respectively
- Unlike the S6, the edges will be rounded
- Exynos 8890 chipset
- GPU: Mali T880 MP12 which will be 80% better than the S6 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 14nm chips which would be sure to speed up app load time and system performance
- Support for up to 2TB microSD cards
- microSD port rather than USB-C chip
- 5 MP front camera, 12 MP back camera with Britecell technology
- Low-light functionality
- Instant auto-focus feature
- Flash will sit flush against the back panel of the phone
- 1 inch Quad HD for S7
- 5 inch Quad HD for S7 Edge
- 3000mAh battery for the S7 and 3500mAh battery for the S7 Edge
- Non-removable battery
- Battery will be capable of 17 hours video playback at full brightness
- Support for wireless charging
- Fast charging technology that gives 100% in 100 minutes and 50% charge in half an hour
- Android 6.0.1
- $650 for the 32GB version and slightly more for the 64GB version, just like the S6 before
And there is a new surprise too!
This seems to be a virtual reality camera that lets you record the kind of 360-degree video experience usually experienced with the Gear VR headset. It is a spherical camera that uses two 180 fish-eye lenses and can connect to a phone via Bluetooth with a Gear 360 Connect app. While the device should be able to work with other devices, for now it is only confirmed by SamMobile that the camera will work with the Galaxy S7.
Gear 360 comes with its own battery and onboard storage capable of storing up to 360 videoa. Within the Gear 360 Connect app is a Gallery feature and remote viewfinder app. Maximum resolution is set at 3840 x 1920 in dual lens mode or 1920 x 1920 in single lens mode. Though the price and other details have not been revealed, we all expect that Samsung will announce all details during the press conference scheduled for February 21 in Barcelona, Spain.
So there, that’s our big scoop for the moment. You can trust that we will keep you in the loop with any new developments
Views expressed are only those of the authors.
You may share your own views in the comments section.
NOTICE: You can now send us your articles and stories and get published right away. For more details click here.